BORROWING FROM THE LIBRARY
- To borrow items from JCPL, a patron must have a valid LIBRARY ACCOUNT with fines/fees below $10.
- Patrons can borrow up to 100 items at once.
- Books, audiobooks, and music CDs circulate for three weeks
- Magazines circulate for one week.
- DVDs circulate for one week. There is a limit of 10 DVDs per account.
- Reference books, pamphlets, newspapers, genealogy, and the Indiana Collection do not circulate
- Current issues of periodicals do not circulate. Non-current periodicals circulate for three weeks
- Materials borrowed through Interlibrary Loan are checked out for two weeks with no renewals
Patrons can renew items ONLINE, by calling 812.265.2744, or in person. Items can be renewed twice unless requested by another patron, except for Magazines, DVDs, and Music CDs which can be renewed once.
Patrons may place holds in person, ONLINE, or over the phone, and will be notified by e-mail, telephone, and/or text message when the item is available. Items on hold must be picked up within seven days.
Fines & Fees
- A fine of $.25 per day will be charged for each day an item is overdue.
- Items returned damaged will be charged for repair/replacement and processing.
- Lost items will be charged replacement and processing fees.
Requests for items JCPL doesn't own can be made ONLINE, by phone, or in person. Staff will determine whether the Library will acquire the item through purchasing or Interlibrary Loan. The acquisition process usually takes from 1-4 weeks.