Browse (201 total)

Billboard advertisement for Coca Cola featuring Santa Claus. The location of this particular billboard is unknown.

Roger Walker is seen here sitting on a bench while playing with some kittens. One appears to be using Roger as its own jungle gym.

Lydia Middleton, whom a local elementary school is named for, standing on a porch.

This photo shows the Cunningham House which appears to be at the top of a wooded hill.

This is a picture of Dr. Everett B. Fewell, dentist and respected citizen of Madison. Dr. Fewell was the son of Bennett and Sarah Egner Fewell. In 1900 Dr. Fewell was practicing in North Vernon but by 1909 he had moved his family and practice to Madison. In the early years he was in practice with…

From the Madison Courier: "Jefferson County's contribution of scrap aluminum, collected in a drive to aid the national defense program, was taken today to a district depot at Seymour. Madison's donations, together with collections from out thru the county, amounted to 1,600 pounds. The heap was…

In the early to mid 1880s this address was a photography studio run by Manson R. Lanham and William W. Wagner. In 1889, Crozier Monuments was at the same address havng moved from the SE corner of First and Mulberry Streets. The monument company was started in 1867 by James H. Crozier, uncle to James…

This building is shown in the 1886 Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps but it was probably built several years before that. It was for several years the Anger Plumbing Co. but in the early 1920s it was the Antle Ice Cream Store. In 1925 Frank Schnaitter gave up the building across the street at 231 West…

This building is shown in the 1886 Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps but it was probably built several years before that. It was for several years the Anger Plumbing Co. but in the early 1920s it was the Antle Ice Cream Store. In 1925 Frank Schnaitter gave up the building across the street at 231 West…

The First Baptist Church of Madison, founded in 1807, has the oldest continuous history as a Baptist church in the state of Indiana. The congregation occupied two different sites on the hilltop before moving to its current location at 416 Vine Street in 1831. The current building on that site is one…