Browse Collection: Homes (33 total)

This house has been described as Queen Anne/Romanesque. It was built between 1892 and 1897, probably for the Michael Donlan family and they lived in the home for over fifty years. Mr. Donlan was a prominent Madisonian with ties to the banking industry. The last two Donlans in the home were Margaret…

See Hatch Home-View 1 for description.

The home located at the southwest corner of First and Broadway was built in 1867 by William and Ann Hendricks. It was originally sold to Edward and Ellen Weyer. It had a number of owners and occupants down through the years. The Weyers occupied the home from 1867 until 1882 when it was sold to the…

Tthis home was built in about 1872 by Aurelius H. Gibson. Mr. Gibson was in the timber and barrel stave business. He lived most of his life here with the exception of a few years spent in Arkansas where he built a second barrel stave business and increased his fortune. He returned to Madison and…

This home was built in about 1872 by Aurelius H. Gibson. Mr. Gibson was in the timber and barrel stave business. He lived most of his life here with the exception of a few years spent in Arkansas where he built a second barrel stave business and increased his fortune. He returned to Madison and…

This home was built about the turn of the century. It was most likely built by the Alexander Graham, Jr. family and they lived in the home until the mid-1950s. In 1954 Charles and Elizabeth Rousch moved into the home. In later years, it was owned by the Campbell family. Through the years the…

There was another building on this site as early as 1886. The present home shows up some time in the 1920s. It was once owned by Charles Lemen and then, for many years, the Keller family resided in the home. At some point the home was given a "stucco" effect which changed its appearance somewhat.…

Located at 214 Jefferson St., this dwelling served as a boarding house run by Delia Miles in the 1940s. However, the house was demolished around 1960 when the city leveled the block to make way for a parking lot on Jefferson Street from Second Street to Blaine Alley. The structure is found on the…

Sometime before 1879 this was the home of W. W. Snyder, a Methodist minister and father of William McKendree Snyder. William McKendree and his bride came to live in the home with his father sometime in the 1870's. After the reverend's death, William McKendree and his family occupied the home until…

This two story brick Old Federal style mansion with Greek Revival cornices was built for Senator Jesse David Bright in 1837. Bright was a controversial politician who expressed pro-slavery sentiments in his political career. He served as Lt. Governor of Indiana from 1843 to1845 and as a United…