Browse (2 total)

This church was built between 1954 and 1957. It is the latest Methodist Church built in Madison. The lovely church, featuring a beautiful steeple and bell tower, is on the far west end of Main Street.

Erected circa 1831, the first sermon was preached by Reverend Lewis Hurlbut. The first trustees were John Woodburn, Charles Burnett, William Robinson, John Pugh and Charles Woodard. The first sextant was to "sweep the church, dust the pulpit and seats, make and keep good fires, light the lamps and…